Supplier Business Development
VIA Global Health (www.viaglobalhealth.com) is reinventing the global healthcare supply chain with a vision to scale health innovation to the 6 billion people living in emerging economies. Leveraging our global purchasing platform, VIA connects global healthcare equipment suppliers to a network of verified local distributors – with a mission to provide universal access to the tools that enable quality healthcare.
Critical to our success is identifying and building relationships with impactful medical equipment manufacturers around the world. Our current portfolio includes dozens of manufacturers from nearly 15 countries, and we seek to increase that number many fold – providing market access to impactful and necessary medical equipment manufactured by multinationals and start-ups alike.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Passionate for superior customer support and relationship building. Understands the context and business requirements of what we do, and can adapt and meet our customer’s needs with the agility of a start-up and a problem-solving mindset.
- Is detail-oriented, organized and highly professional. It is our responsibility to support our partners products accurately and consistently.
- Mission driven – we do something that is really hard, really well, and are looking for people who want to make their dent in the universe. Our vision is to ensure universal access to appropriate, affordable, healthcare equipment in underserved communities. That’s core to our DNA.
Role and responsibilities:
This role will own the relationship with sellers and product innovators on the VIA platform. Long-term success will be ensuring that VIA becomes the default option for manufacturers seeking to make their products available to underserved markets around the globe. Immediate activities will include:
- Understanding local distributor needs and develop our overall product portfolio strategy.
- Identifying and reaching out to supplier partners that meet our portfolio needs.
- Building relationships and negotiating the onboarding process so that our users have access to the best products, information, and pricing.
- Maintaining relationships to ensure up-to-date product data and communicating customer needs internally to ensure we’re the best option for market access and meeting our customer’s needs.
How to apply:
If you are interested in learning more, please send your resume and write to us at email@example.com. In this email (no more than 200 words), please let us know why this job is a great fit for you, not only in terms of your qualifications but also answer the question, “why is now the right time in your career to join an early-stage start-up?”
Salary and equity commensurate with experience, with an opportunity to grow as we continue to gain traction in the market. The ideal team member is exceptionally organized and detail-oriented, has a passion for solving complex problems, enjoys traveling off the beaten path (literally and metaphorically), is customer focused and data-driven, and passionate about having a global impact.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.