Head of Logistics
VIA Global Health (www.viaglobalhealth.com) is reinventing the global healthcare supply chain with a vision to scale health innovation to the 6 billion people living in emerging economies. Leveraging our e-commerce and logistics platform, VIA connects global healthcare equipment suppliers to a network of verified local distributors – with a mission to provide universal access to the tools that enable quality healthcare.
Logistics is a complex space, and VIA is rapidly evolving, which provide constant new challenges and an opportunity to build a powerful global channel from the ground up. You’ll be required to understand and address the needs of all of our stakeholders – suppliers, buyers, logistics partners, and end-users, and to help inform and drive the development of the platform, while meeting immediate logistics needs and ensure timely delivery of products around the world. The reward will be the opportunity to help build an organization that improves the lives of people across the globe, supporting entrepreneurs building lifesaving products and customers building their local businesses and addressing the health needs of their community.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Creative – someone comfortable knowing the rules and making things happen within those boundaries.
- Detail-oriented – for our customers the details matter – and can make all the difference between a product making it to its destination or not.
- Independent – we are a globally-distributed team, based in Washington State with offices in Johannesburg, South Africa and Mumbai, India.
Role and responsibilities:
The day-to-day responsibilities will require knowing the difference between CPT and CIP and other incoterms, managing and coordinating the movement of products from global suppliers to local emerging market customers. Beyond the day-to-day you would be developing a scalable system that optimizes the logistics process to make it faster, more affordable, and easier for our customers; by negotiating contracts, researching industry trends and new technologies/methods that allow VIA to offer a logistics solution that is more creative, innovative and both time and cost-efficient versus the slow and traditional means of shipping.
The day to day will include:
- Providing shipping quotes/estimates
- Communicating with shippers and freight forwarders
- Generating documentation for international logistics
- Coordinating pick-up and delivery
Long-term success is building strong relationships with logistics partners, optimization of the shipping process, and developing a scalable framework to ensure logistics is a key strategic differentiator for VIA.
- Process development – how do we do the day to day better? More efficiently?
- Cost optimization – negotiating rates, optimizing routes, developing relationships with stakeholders and keeping a finger on the pulse of what’s happening in the logistics space.
- Mapping the regulatory environment for emerging markets, becoming an expert on the requirements and procedures for importation, and developing systems and rules engine to automate the shipping process.
- Developing contacts and relationships with local stakeholders (import agents, 3PL and warehouse partners, courier services.)
- Developing strategies and initiatives to make logistics a strategic competitive offering.
How to apply:
If you are interested in learning more, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In this email (no more than 300 words), please let us know why this job is a great fit for you, not only in terms of your qualifications but also answer the question, “why is now the right time in your career to join an early-stage start-up?”
Salary and equity commensurate with experience, with an opportunity to grow as we continue to gain traction in the market. The ideal team member is exceptionally organized and detail-oriented, has a passion for solving complex problems, enjoys traveling off the beaten path (literally and metaphorically), is customer focused and data-driven, and passionate about having a global impact.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Web Assistant & Copy Writer
Our web team is looking for an excellent writer with experience building and writing product pages for e-commerce sites to help us build detailed product pages for medical equipment and supplies.
The content for product pages will vary considerably by manufacturer and supplier.
Sometimes you will be rewriting content and improving content from a previously built product page on the manufacturer’s site. Other times page building will be involving researching product and developing original content from pdf’s, excel spreadsheets and multiple sites, then finding relevant videos and manuals to build the highest quality product page for our customers.
Basic Skills Required:
– Excellent writer – the ability to both summarize & develop original content.
– Experience with ecommerce platforms such as Magento and WooCommerce.
– Basic HTML skills
– Basic photo editing skills (crop, capture, optimize size, etc)
– Excellent communication skills.
– Knowledge of basic SEO principles. (Not the spammy stuff, but quality content and attention to detail).
– Knowledge and access to Adobe Photoshop (or similar)
– Knowledge of CSV importing
– Bulk editing in WooCommerce
– Native English speaker.
– Basic knowledge of medical terms, equipment, fields, categories, etc.
– Medical background. (Nurse, Midwife, EMT, MD, DO, MPH, etc.)
– Experience writing blog posts and press releases.
– Experience managing an e-commerce product catalog.
– Experience managing and generating social media content.
– Advanced knowledge of SEO and content development
Location: Remote (from the comfort of your home!) We also have additional space in our Mumbai and Johannesburg offices.
Customer Service & Shipping Representative
Location: Seattle, WA Department: Customer Service
VIA is always on the lookout for excellent customer services reps dedicated to providing our clients the highest level in customer support. VIA representatives are not only empowered to ‘make things right’ but they are dynamic customer facing part of our business. If you have experience with international e-commerce and providing excellent support, we’d love to hear from you. Please email your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com