Volume calibration syringes are designed for bi-directional testing and calibrating of flow measurement devices and specifically spirometry devices. Volume calibration syringes are invariably manually operated by pushing the piston rod in and out of the cylinder assembly with ends stops determining the stroke length and hence the prescribed, 3 litre, delivered volume of air. The spirometric device under test is attached to the outlet port of the syringe assembly and bi-directional 3l strokes are performed. The operator compares the delivered 3l volume with that recorded by the flow measurement system (spirometer) in order to determine its accuracy. Most spirometers have a built in software calibration correction that resets the calibration of the device so as to accurately record the 3l delivered volume.
Product features include
- A quality, precision, robust medical device in service since 1988.
- Accurate to 3.00 Litres (within 0.5% as required by the American Thoracic Society specifications)
- Smooth, low friction, non-leak, operation by way of soft-fit, forward and reverse direction cup seals. The rubber cups seals are designed to push outwards onto the cylinder wall with increasing air pressure thereby mitigating any chance of air leaks.
- Designed for use with all commonly available spirometers
- A universal, invaginated adapter that fits onto the nozzle and is designed to accommodate most of the standard sized spirometry flow meters. Other syringes require modification of the nozzle or an adapter for each device under test
- To be used by qualified health care personnel
- Should not be dropped onto any hard surfaces as the aluminium cylinder may get dented or damaged thereby preventing use of the device.
- Should not be disassembled in the field
- Can be cleaned as described below.
- Should not be sterilised using ethylene oxide or steam or any similar process.
- Should be used at temperatures between 15°C and 25°C.
- Should be inspected by qualified agents once a year for maintenance and recalibration or as required by the country specific regulations for such devices
[/bsf-info-box][bsf-info-box icon=”Defaults-clock-o” icon_size=”32″ icon_color=”#1e73be” title=”Technical Specifications”]Materials:
Tube: Epoxy power-coated Aluminum
Shaft: Stainless steel (304) with anodised aluminum stop-collars
End cap: ABS plastic
Feet: Rubber non-slip pads
Cup seals: Thermoplastic elastomer
Nozzle adaptor: Thermoplastic elastomer
Length 380 mm
Outside diameter 125mm
Wall thickness 2.5 mm
Length 490 mm
Width 131 mm
Height (w/feet) 137 mm
Boxed: 540 x 160 x 160 mm
- With repeated usage, variations in the stroke resistance, during withdrawing or pushing in the piston rod, may occur. Minor leaks may also be observed when conducting the leak test. Spraying a small amount of silicon spray (eg Q8 silicon spray obtainable from most hardware stores) into the nozzle with piston withdrawn, followed by a number of full strokes, should remedy both issues.
- The syringe may be wiped down on the OUTSIDE only using a clean, soft damp cloth containing a mild detergent (neutral pH7) or soap and tap water. Dry thoroughly after wiping down using a soft cloth or disposable paper towel. Do not attempt to clean the inside of the device.
- Store in a safe, clean, dust free environment out of the direct sunlight.