The CFL101 allows you to provide highly effective and efficient neonatal hyperbilirubinemia care. The phototherapy unit uses six compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs).
Blue light is focused on the baby bed—reduced nausea among care- providers
- CFLs last five times longer than ordinary fluorescent lamps
- Separate white lamps for convenient observation.
- Specially designed heat vents divert excess heat
- Compact design —lightweight, lower space requirement and aesthetically more pleasing
- Zero maintenance, noise-free operation
- Easy to operate
- Integrated chronometer for effective treatment management
- Low energy consumption
- CFL module
The CFLs provide blue light at ~30 µW/cm²/nm and can provide an intensity of up to 40 µW at a distance of 35 centimeters. CFLs last five times longer than ordinary tube lights, requiring less frequent replacement.
- Focused blue light
Light from the CFLs is focused on the baby bed, avoiding scatter into the care-provider space. Unwanted UV radiation is filtered and eliminated.
- Heat dissipation
Special vents are provided on the light unit to divert heat, avoiding undesirable warming of the baby.
- Compatibility with other equipment
The tiltable light unit may be placed over any bed or incubator and used in combination with a radiant warmer or another CFL unit for additional intensity.
The CFL 101 comes optionally with four blue and two white lamps. The separately operated white lights may be used for examination of the infant. A time tracker is provided to monitor lamp usage. An additional time totaller may be used for management of treatment.