The HEMAFUSE™ autologous transfusion system is an alternative to donor blood for cases of internal bleeding. Hemafuse is a completely mechanical device that can salvage, filter, and recycle blood from where it is pooled internally to be re-transfused immediately during surgery. Hemafuse can be used in cases such as abdominal bleeding, ruptured ectopic pregnancy, and trauma-related surgery.
- Manually Operated – does not rely on electricity or wall suction
- Easy to Use – requires a simple push and pull of handle.
- Reusable Hemafuse Pump – Can be cleaned and sterilized up to 25 times.
- Disposable Filter & Accessories.
- Recycles Multiple Units of Blood in Surgery.
How it works:
When the handle is pulled up, blood is pulled through a filter. The specialized design of the filter removes clots and impurities. When the handle is pushed down, the blood is then pushed through tubing into a blood bag to be re-transfused to the same patient. Autotransfusion is viable for first trimester pregnancy complications like ruptured ectopic pregnancy, the leading cause of maternal mortality in the first trimester. Other uses include abdominal bleeding, and cardiac or trauma-related surgeries.