The SE200™ Community Chlorine Maker is changing how citizens in low-resource communities around the world are creating safe drinking water. In five minutes, with just the push of a button, the device creates chlorine with water, salt and electricity. Each batch produces enough chlorine to make 200 liters of water that’s safe to drink. A supply chain innovation, the chlorine maker lets users treat water on the spot at wells, water trucks and other common sources. Small, portable and easily mastered, it requires only salt brine and electricity from a car battery or mains power. Most importantly, it allows families, leaders and entrepreneurs to control their supply of safe drinking water.
- Easy Operation: Simply mix salt brine, add it to the chlorine maker and push the start button. Indicator lights and sounds signal a successful completion, or trouble-shooting options. Pictorial instructions eliminate the need for translation from language to language.
- Fast: Takes just five minutes to produce enough chlorine to make 200 liters of safe, drinkable water; and treats 40,000 liters from just one 12V car battery charge*.
- Reliable: Smart circuitry produces a consistent chlorine concentration, while durable construction withstands daily repeated use.
- Proven: Validated by end users in over a dozen low-resource settings, including communities in Kenya, Mali, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, and Thailand.
- Produces 50ml of .80% sodium hypochlorite per 5 minute batch.
- Estimated operational cost is USD $0.05 per 1,000 of water treated