Glutaraldehyde is commonly used for the cold sterilisation of temperature-sensitive medical equipment and for disinfecting surfaces and production equipment. Test-it™ Glutaraldehyde Test Strips are intended for the qualitative determination of residue glutaraldehyde in solution.
0 (neg) – 0.05% Colour change is from white (negative) to purple in 5 seconds
0 (neg) – 1.5% – 2.0% Colour change is from orange (negative) to violet in 60 seconds
Negative and 0.05% glutaraldehyde
Negative, 1.5%, and 2.0% glutaraldehyde
Glutaraldehyde, when present at a concentration of more than 0.06% in solution, will react violently with a chromogen under alkaline conditions to produce a violet/purple colour.
Remove only as many test strips as are required. Close the container immediately after removing the strips. Do not touch the test pad with your fingers.
Instructions for use:
- Saturate the test pad briefly by dipping it into the solution to be tested.
- Immediately (within 5 seconds) compare test pad colour against colour chart.
- Do NOT read results after 5 seconds as false results could occur.
Solutions containing sulfhydryl groups may produce false positive results. Solutions that are highly coloured may cause background discoloration of the pad and mask the development of a positive reaction colour.
Always store in a cool dark place away from direct sunlight. Storage temperature should preferably be between 4°C and 30°C. Keep container tightly sealed at all times. If correctly stored, the test strips will be stable for 24 months from date of manufacture.
- For single use only. Do not use more than once.
- Avoid contact with mucous membranes.
- Do not place in mouth or swallow.
- Please observe standard laboratory practice when handling glutaraldehyde or solutions that may potentially contain glutaraldehyde.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Discard the used test strip in an environmentally friendly manner.
Request More Information