The Cure Medical handheld Thermocoagulator device is used to treat human tissue lesions. The unit is designed based on the World Health Organization’s guidelines and recommendations for fighting the growing epidemic of cervical cancer. It is a type B thermal coagulator which is compact, portable, battery-powered device which can be used in hospital and non-hospital rural healthcare locations. The TC, which is reusable and provided non-sterile, is designed to perform low-power destruction of human pre-cancer cervical or other tissue with high temperatures by tissue contact with a heated probe tip.
Heated Probe Tip
The TC probe tip contains a heating element which is heated to 100°C (212°F) for the destruction of human tissue. The probe tip should only be applied to tissue which is intended to be ablated. The TC probe shaft is not intended to deliver heat. The probe shaft and sidewall tip has a maximum temperature of 43°C (109°F). Contact with the probe shaft should be avoided during the procedure.
- FDA 510(k) Cleared #K152843, CE Mark
- Low-cost and affordable
- Portable and lightweight design
- Exchangeable probes that heat quickly (5-8 seconds)
- Fast cervical thermal ablation (20-40 seconds, 100°c default)
- Autoclavable probes in 16mm flat, 19mm flat or 19mm pointed tip (choice of two probes)
- Battery-powered with no tether wires or cables required to connect probe to device
- No external power supply required for treatment
- Automated procedure timing with visual and audible indicators – no watch or clock required.